Those of you in the Wexford area might be interested in attending a talk that I am giving to mark National Parents Week 2012! I am so, so excited to have been asked by the Wexford County Childcare Committee.
I will be covering reading fluency from Pre-School to 6th Class. During the course of the hour you will learn:
- how to choose an appropriate level of story for your child to read
- my top tips on how to sound out words ( including “digraphs”)
- the importance of Dolch Words/ High Frequency Words
- reading strategies for 2nd class +
- the importance of reading for 20min a day
- how to make reading a habit
- lists of my favourite websites, authors and where I source my books 😉
I hope to see some of you at the talk. Please tell your friends if they live in the area!
Miss Mernagh 🙂