I am continuing to use Mrs. Wishy-Washy’s Farm as the basis of our creative writing class. Yesterday we had lots of fun discussing and completing an application form to work with Mrs. Wishy-Washy’s herself!
The application form a fantastic way to extend oral vocabulary, encouraged creative writing and to get children thinking and reasoning.
Mrs. Wishy-Washy’s Farm has fantastic integration potential in SESE:
Stand: Story Unit: Stories
- discuss the chronology of events (beginning, middle, end) in a story
- display storyline pictures showing episodes in sequence
Stand: Living Things Unit: Plants & Animals
- observe, discuss and identify a variety of plants and animals in different habitats in the immediate environment
- become aware of animals and plants of other environments
- recognise and identify the external parts of living things
Just a thought for those of you teaching ;).
I hope that you enjoy this printable as much as we did.
Miss Mernagh 🙂